Engraver

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Found this out behind my dads shop in the lean to, I know what it is but don't know if it's worth keeping for use or just send to the auctioneer.
Couldn't find any name on it other than "Ric"

engraver (1).JPG engraver (2).JPG engraver (3).JPG engraver (4).JPG engraver (5).JPG

I would hang on to it and look around his place for the letters to go with it.

That's a pantograph letter engraver but it could also be used to engrave any form of design if you have the template for it.
I would use it to scale up or scale down a logo design to a piece of metal I wanted to engrave on.
You can make nameplates with it or adapt it to engrave a special logo into your product

Depending on the material to be engraved you need to have the proper cutting bit.
It can be used like a micro tracing mill machine especially in softer materials.

Charlie--I wouldn't think the auction would be the best for selling it---I would think you should see how the motor runs and if it has a small good collet on it---I would think a hobbyist would be happy with it --it could even be a good antique---look for any dates and co info on it.

It appears to be a low-cost model adapted to engrave the top surface of a cylindrical object, perhaps for a particular job and was never needed again. Without the entire font of master letters it's not too useful, unless, as mentioned, you want to engrave a logo and could make a master. There's still not much way to hold the item being engraved however, and the reduction ratio seems to be fixed (50%?)

That is a bowling ball engraver. I recognize the motor that is used on it.

It was mad by the people that made the standard sign engraver to creates the plastic signs you see on office doors and such. I use to have one that I bought many years ago with high hopes of making it big in the sign industry. It never happened. And I can't even remember the name of the company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this out behind my dads shop in the lean to, I know what it is but don't know if it's worth keeping for use or just send to the auctioneer.
Couldn't find any name on it other than "Ric"

I think "RIC" is the initials of the last guy who had his bowling ball engraved with it.

That is a bowling ball engraver. I recognize the motor that is used on it.

It was mad by the people that made the standard sign engraver to creates the plastic signs you see on office doors and such. I use to have one that I bought many years ago with high hopes of making it big in the sign industry. It never happened. And I can't even remember the name of the company.

I think "RIC" is the initials of the last guy who had his bowling ball engraved with it.

Both of those make sense. Thanks

The pantograph that I have was made by New Hermes - now Gravograph, I believe. They still make 3 different pantograph models. It may have been one of theirs.

The pantograph that I have was made by New Hermes - now Gravograph, I believe. They still make 3 different pantograph models. It may have been one of theirs.

many fonts available on ebay in sets or singles, in the $100 range. . . . keep it or sell it to me. . . I love gadgets. . .

Back