Enco 13X40 Cracked Top Slide Way

Well done Andy!
That was a complicated and time consuming repair. You stuck with it and saw it through. That has to feel very satisfying.
I can only assume you gained some well deserved confidence.
I need to get off my ass and come up with a way to sharpen the carbide for scraping before I forget everything I learned in the class.

-- so what lathe did you end up with?
:eagerness:

You should Google Glendo Lapper substitute as many have made a diamond lapper. Jim George one too. One of my VT students made one out of a tread mill 110 volt VS motor. It was cool he mounted a aluminum disc about 1/2 thick and milled out slots where he glued in magnets and bought some (ebay) Chinese diamond impregnated steel engraving plates that stuck to the mags. He bought 5 pates for I think under $50.00....

PS: Nice job!

Hi Andy this Mark I just wanted to tell you that you did a real nice job on the lathe and I have it going and practicing with it. I have a long way to go but I'm learning every time I go in the garage. Happy new year and hope to see you at a meeting

It was really a wonderful experience to go through this process. I really learned a lot. Just the measuring to figure out what was wrong was tough. Without the @Richard King 2 class this would have been much more of an endeavor.

Andy

I'm teaching another class out at Jims shop again in April....it is over full though. We were looking for another place, to do another one out there too like last year. DH down in Berkeley the old host before Jon found 2 shops down there, one in Everetville, but I refused to go there. The robbery we experienced in Oakland was one to many for me. Im thinking June or July in a Temp controlled shop. I have decided no more back to back classes too....hard to be away from home that long.

Back