[Newbie] Enco 100 motor

notherelong

Registered
Registered
I'm looking at getting a free enco 100-1598 the only problem is they took the motor off to have it fixed and never went back to get it. Is there any normal frame size that it uses? any information would be great.

Hello and welcome:)

It looks like a Bridgeport clone so I can't imagine getting a replacement motor will be difficult. And free, what are you waiting for????

John

That's not a problem, that's an opportunity! :cupcake:
There's motors all around

Hello and welcome:)

It looks like a Bridgeport clone so I can't imagine getting a replacement motor will be difficult. And free, what are you waiting for????

John

Actually just waiting on a call that he is going to be back at the old shop today or tomorrow and we are going to pick it up.
I signed up to see a pdf someone had of the manual for a similar one, it says something about a timing belt going from the spindle to the motor do you have any idea what that's about?
I'm new to mills my buddy has worked in a shop for years so he knows how to run it but has never worked on them.

Pictures when you can….

The timing belt is just a cogged belt that goes from the motor pulley to the spindle pulley, it doesn’t actually time anything.

You can look up Bridgeport milling heads to get an idea, yours will be similar.

John

So is the original motor sitting at the repair shop waiting to be picked up? Or still broken? Did the PO not want to pay the repair cost?
I'm curious as to the backstory there

So went and got it that was an experience. Fairly heavy machine.
So is the original motor sitting at the repair shop waiting to be picked up? Or still broken? Did the PO not want to pay the repair cost?
I'm curious as to the backstory there
And as far as I’m aware I called the local shop he said it was dropped off at and they don’t have it. They took it over 4 years ago.

So I need a stepped pulley. I have to figure out how to mount a motor. I’m going to see if I can mount a c-face motor to it. I broke the y axis (this is going to be the wrong term. ) nut. Also need the taper lock bolt.

Edit. Also I’ll try to keep it updated as long as I can.

Attachments

• 8EBDCE64-02D5-4F2D-94FB-978379FA3374.jpeg
    8EBDCE64-02D5-4F2D-94FB-978379FA3374.jpeg
    304.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 727FFCD5-87A8-4A32-A17F-C2FA0DB07E16.jpeg
    727FFCD5-87A8-4A32-A17F-C2FA0DB07E16.jpeg
    763.1 KB · Views: 10
Back