Eisen Machinery - Unable to contact them

The one confusing part about Eisen is they have multiple 1440's listed, and the only way to tell them apart is to open each one up and read the specs. For example, there are 5 1440E models. Difference is the motor from what I can figure out.
The one I'm referring to is the 220V single phase 1440E.

You're correct, sorry. Was focusing on the bed size, and forgot that the 1340GT had the open norton gearbox.

Looks like demand has picked up...

This is video of one truck route into the ports of Shanghai. Expect delays...

View attachment 354127

LOL. That is actually funny. Or not.

Eisen has one in stock that I am interested in. I talked to them (Jason) at length yesterday and they are working on pricing. I am hoping they would get back to me today, but we shall see.

I am looking at one of the "black face" lathe models vs. the silver face (1440EV for example).
I know that the 1440EV is a heavier unit but cost creep has gotten away from me. Time to reset expectations a little. This a "want" purchase, not a "need". I know, I know, buy once cry once but even as it is with the 1440E, I am up there in price for me.
While working in the office last night the wife came in and sat down in my Ekorness Stressles chair. She never does that. Ever. "So, how much is this lathe you are looking at?" *Gulp* Well, honey, see it is an invest..... "How much is it?" $7K, give or take. "How are you going to pay for it?" With your money.... LOL. "Not funny".

I am looking at one of the "black face" lathe models vs. the silver face (1440EV for example).
I know that the 1440EV is a heavier unit but cost creep has gotten away from me. Time to reset expectations a little. This a "want" purchase, not a "need". I know, I know, buy once cry once but even as it is with the 1440E, I am up there in price for me.
While working in the office last night the wife came in and sat down in my Ekorness Stressles chair. She never does that. Ever. "So, how much is this lathe you are looking at?" *Gulp* Well, honey, see it is an invest..... "How much is it?" $7K, give or take. "How are you going to pay for it?" With your money.... LOL. "Not funny".
You got a lot further into that conversation than I would have. Nice work!

Back