Ebaying with Canada

Eyerelief

Registered
Registered
Im freshening up my excello mill. found a coveted quill spring in Canada . He doesn't want to ship to the USA. Has anyone else run into this? It's a first for me.

Dunno about Canada but theres a s@#T load that wont ship to Australia or if they do it costs more than the original item.

It’s not fun dealing with customs declarations.

we do have lots of Canadian members so I’ll bet you can work it out if you ask nice:chunky:

Canada to Hawaii has not been a problem, check with the vendor if there are shipping issues/higher cost.

In bringing back some large items from Canada to US through customs, my experience was that if the item going
through customs was originally made in USA, there was no duty to pay at the border. I don't know where all
Excello mills were made but I do know at least some of them are made in Canada. My experience tells me that
there may be duty to pay. Things may have changed too so it may be different now. If it's just a quill spring, it
might not be significant. The seller may have experienced difficulties shipping to USA. There is a way but it might
be a little convoluted.

I have the same problem here in Canada. If they do ship to Canada , it's usually more than the parts.
If it is just a small part, PM me for my address. and I will send it out to you.
Cheers
Martin

Edit, If its the Mill spring I see he wants $14.54 shipping to me.

Last edited:
I think I'll be heading up to Toronto in a few weeks if everything goes good . Would love to get up to the Woodland Mills plant and order a saw mill . Not sure if it would be cheaper to have it shipped down or do whatever is necessary at the border .

I think I'll be heading up to Toronto in a few weeks if everything goes good . Would love to get up to the Woodland Mills plant and order a saw mill . Not sure if it would be cheaper to have it shipped down or do whatever is necessary at the border .
Bringing things this way it is go pay taxes. Just have bill for everything.

Im freshening up my excello mill. found a coveted quill spring in Canada . He doesn't want to ship to the USA. Has anyone else run into this? It's a first for me.
Brother in law bought some parts local, I will check if they guy has one.

Off topic , but what is left of this plant ? I spent a month here back in the late 90s for Cad Cam training . They were shut down at that time due to bad engines out of Mexico .

Back