Early Craftsman

Look nice to me . :encourage:

If they do what you want, they are worth keeping. They both look like they aren't a money pit, so you are doing alright.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I didn't think that sale started until Saturday?

In any case, sure, they are both good machines.

I didn't think that sale started until Saturday?

In any case, sure, they are both good machines.
It doesn't.....there was very little information on the Internet about these so I was hoping to get some knowledge here...and wasn't sure how to ask because I wasn't sure if asking about a value was allowed

The lathe is an Craftsman badged Atlas 10 inch, of which there should be a ton of info in the Atlas forum here on the site. The Drill press I am not so sure about, i would need to see the serial number to find out the manufacturer code (first three digits). But I remember that they have a good reputation. Those are also collector pieces, so the prices might reflect that, and it might change who shows up for that sale, assuming you haven't got an early purchase of them.

The lathe is an Craftsman badged Atlas 10 inch, of which there should be a ton of info in the Atlas forum here on the site. The Drill press I am not so sure about, i would need to see the serial number to find out the manufacturer code (first three digits). But I remember that they have a good reputation. Those are also collector pieces, so the prices might reflect that, and it might change who shows up for that sale, assuming you haven't got an early purchase of them.
Thank you for the quick reply. We are not selling anything before the sale. We have way too much to do still and won't be ready until Saturday morning. I have found a little info on both pieces as I research...but cannot find a value of them as collector pieces.

View attachment 483611View attachment 483612Hi all! I recently acquired these two beautiful machines and know nothing about them ...are they worth keeping? Any help would be appreciated!
Whoa! There's a phone on the wall!

That's what I tell my grandkids.

When I grew up our phones were screwed to the Wall!

I really like the stand that the drill press is on, That's cool!

If you search for Metal Lathe on either Craigslist or Marketplace, you will find multiple examples of those lathes in the area for sale, and that should give you an idea of the value.

Since these are shown as part of an upcoming sale, that is all I am going to say.

That's an early Atlas/Craftsman 12" lathe with sleeve bearing headstock; sans power cross feed. The tall compound is the tipoff to the swing.
Personally I prefer the roller bearing head and pwr cross but then I'm picky. I think the one shown also has the thinner ways? No QCGB either.
Interesting old drill press, looks like only 4 speeds tho
Nice little antiques but I'd probably pass on both of them

Last edited:
Back