Dumore replacement motor for old motor

XPFTP

Registered
Registered
i have pic below a dumore a25993. i can not even find info on it ... i guess from the way it is wired its probley form the 50s or early 60s. sad part is the motor is fine. i had it fired up... but the wire is toast. i cut it off few inchs from motor as soo noone else plugs it in if never fixed.
the way i see it is the wires go thru the outer coils inside and they are glued in or whatever they are... lil more then i wish to handle or deal with.. iam thinking local motor shops wont even touch it .
so iam looking for a replacement ... if anyone knows where whens whos whats so on ... would be awsome..
o on the toolpost is a number of 9-451. it was with a atlas 12. so no idea if was a package or sold as a add on for any lathe. probley any lathe at the time ..
specs off it as i see..
115 volt
4inch diameter
5inch case end to end
rpm doesnt show as you see in pic

DUMORE is worthless in help.. ive tried.

dumore motor.jpg

You have nothing to loose by taking it apart at this point so it might be worthwhile trying to fix it.

The type of motor is probably a "universal" that can run on either AC or DC power. replacement will depend on how it's mounted and connected, do you have any pictures of the motor installed?

John

You have nothing to loose by taking it apart at this point so it might be worthwhile trying to fix it.

The type of motor is probably a "universal" that can run on either AC or DC power. replacement will depend on how it's mounted and connected, do you have any pictures of the motor installed?

John
there is a 3 screw plate with a T bolt slot. for a T bolt. as you can see marked in redlines 3rd pic. 2nd pic is without redlines.
i have same setup. but lil dirty. so borrowed pix.
bein the belt was leather. its toast. so that is open ended on pullys and belts. as dumore goes will ill keep my fingers in check on them... grrrr

tool post 1.png

tool post 2.png

tool post 3.png

You just need to splice on a new cord- shouldn't be too hard. It's a brush type universal motor so you
want to check the condition of the brushes too
Vacuum cleaner shops will sometimes work on stuff like that- check around. Find out their favorite beer and bring some :cupcake:

Last edited:
You just need to splice on a new cord- shouldn't be too hard. It's a brush type universal motor so you
want to check the condition of the brushes too
Vacuum cleaner shops will sometimes work on stuff like that- check around. Find out their favorite beer and bring some :cupcake:
vacuum cleaner shops. not around here. once they break the people go buy new ones .. lol
if it was as easy as splicing a new cord. it would of been done.
the wire is no good... i dont trust the wire goin into the frame of the motor. i guess its one of them. unless in your hands. wont get what is bein said about how bad it is.
again the 2 pics are borrowed as iam unable to get to my shop as its mud season rite now ..

Installing rather than splicing is probably more accurate, which entails splitting the cases and finding the joints where the cord connects inside
If the windings are shorted to the frame then you are pretty much done- no easy way to fix that

Installing rather than splicing is probably more accurate, which entails splitting the cases and finding the joints where the cord connects inside
If the windings are shorted to the frame then you are pretty much done- no easy way to fix that
thats the issue.. the coils are not sure glued with spacers to case. i split it. and thats what i find. i dont mind working on new style motors. as hell can get parts for most... as for this not so much for parts lol ..

i think ill do a splice . i cut the wire off about 5 inchs form the case. ill pull the shield off the the pigtail and see how bad the shielding on the wire itself is. i might just shelf it and build some other style grinder or something.. not in a hurry for sure. but weather makes me wanna work in shop. as not able to be outside grrrrrrr mud season... yard is a mud pond lol

I hear that- I need a machete to go in my backyard we've had so much rain
The good news is my 3 peach trees are putting out blooms and green buds already

As long as the motor isn't shorted out you should be ok, be careful not to break the fine wires
or damage the brush holders
Often the brushes need to be removed until the case is back together, then reinstalled last

Last edited:
I hear that- I need a machete to go in my backyard we've had so much rain
The good news is my 3 peach trees are putting out blooms and green buds already

As long as the motor isn't shorted out you should be ok, be careful not to break the fine wires
or damage the brush holders
Often the brushes need to be removed until the case is back together, then reinstalled last
here if we had peach trees and started to bloom. they would be dead in a few days. our temps been up in the mid 50s to 60. then back down to 30s . local apple farmers were hit last year i htink .. early warm temps then bang. frosty showed his face... killed like 70% of the flowers on the trees.

yeah the motor itself is not bad at all.. even the com has tons of life left in it. i did have the rotor our and brushs. ill chuck it up and high grit count sandpaper the com...
tho i looked around the interweb and iam seein these lil 1/2hp motors like amazon junk but for 50 to 100 bucks.. i might just rig one of them up they say they run 1700rpm more then enough to change pully sie and such. besides dumore is no help at all.. some chick named tammy says they dont even sell 7inch flat belts no more.. thoooo i see them in there pix on there site. what a mess they are i see..

so might change it to some sort of v belt or tooth belt. no clue..
i just got in the electric motor for the lead screw mod. so spent last 6 hours workin on that.
lil tweaking and she will be done. then the nylon gears are on there way for the qcgb. yep iam goin to be a gunie pig and try them in there. hahhaha

Back