DRO scales pinout adapter

trprecision

Registered
Registered
I know I am a new poster, so if I don't get any responses I understand...lol
I decided to install a low cost (China) DRO kit in my Bridgeport. It took multiple tries to get the company to actually send me the correct parts. They kept sending the wrong length scales, 2 axis display instead of 3 axis etc. Due to shipping costs and an obvious language barrier I ended up with MULTIPLE sets of scales, 2 displays and 1/2 my money refunded. they didn't want any of it returned. I ended up with enough parts to get the 3 axis up and running on my mill. I was left with a 2 axis display and several scales, 2 of which were perfect size for my old 14" Rockwell lathe. Problem is, the 2 axis display has a different pinout than the scales. One of the scales actually came with a small male to female inline pinout and it works. I am looking for another one of these adapters. If anybody has one that they got with scales or a kit and does not need it, I would love to buy it.
Thanks

Attachments

• whatzit.jpg
    whatzit.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 17
Hope you can find one. If you can't, I'd suggest you use a volt ohm meter to figure out the wiring. Once you have done that, and documented it, I'd rewire the connector. Usually they are pretty easy to change.

Yuriy has an explanation of how to determine the pinouts of glass scales. Maybe that will help.

Appreciate what you guys are telling me, and I know that is what a proper craftsman would do. Unfortunately bad eyes and old shaky hands don't lend themselves well to resoldering tiny wires and pins. Finding an adapter is the easy button...

Appreciate what you guys are telling me, and I know that is what a proper craftsman would do. Unfortunately bad eyes and old shaky hands don't lend themselves well to resoldering tiny wires and pins. Finding an adapter is the easy button...
It's the easy button only if you find what you need. Hope you find it. If you can't find it, then you are back to soldering wires and pins. That's what I had to do.

I use a stereo microscope these days for doing small stuff. I can't see that well either. Yeah, and my name here tells you about my hands. Slow and steady always seems to get you there... Sometimes have to prop my hand or arm on something, but eventually it gets done. Where there is a will, there is a way.

I'm in Woodstock and probably duplicate the adapter for you

I'm in Woodstock and probably duplicate the adapter for you
That would be great, this is something you would make or just rewire one of the scales? LMK what you want to do this and when we might be able to get together.
Thanks
Tyler

That would be great, this is something you would make or just rewire one of the scales? LMK what you want to do this and when we might be able to get together.
Thanks
Tyler
I can make one. Probably have the parts on hand. PM me with contact info.

Back