DRO Pros site?

rabler

Addlepated tinkerer
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Anyone else able to get to dropros.com? That site keeps timing out on lookup for me, both yesterday and this morning. Wanted to order an Electronica scale to go with my TouchDRO for my lathe cross slide.

You may want to give them a call.

877-628-6028

Thanks for the number Randy, I didn't have it. I'll call them later this morning as I believe they are on California (Pacific) Time.

Site may be down for maintenance or some technical problem. You can also get scales off eBay or Ali Express.

Site may be down for maintenance or some technical problem. You can also get scales off eBay or Ali Express.
Or Amazon. He leans toward glass, but Yuriy (TouchDRO) had some decent arguements for using Electronica for magnetic scale given .007 cyclic error on some other brands.

I bought my magnetic scales from M-DRO.com, The'er across the pond but shipping was fast and reasonable.

I bought my magnetic scales from M-DRO.com, The'er across the pond but shipping was fast and reasonable.
For me that site just comes up with a login popup without any splash screen or anything else??

Site does appear to be down.

I have magnetic scales from DRO Pros, and also M-DRO, when checked against 123 blocks as well as my 0.0001" dial indicator, they have been accurate within the within +/- 0.0002". Mine came with calibration sheets, and they indicated a variance of +/- 1/2 micron accuracy. They use 1 micron magnetic tape, it is the reader head that determines the resolution increment. SRA and UK DRO offer the M-DRO magnetic scales, the DRO Pros is different, I bought their EL700 package with magnetic scales for my mill quite a few years ago, and it has continued to perform very well. Just not a big fan of the touch screen in a machining environment.

Site does appear to be down.

I have magnetic scales from DRO Pros, and also M-DRO, when checked against 123 blocks as well as my 0.0001" dial indicator, they have been accurate within the within +/- 0.0002". Mine came with calibration sheets, and they indicated a variance of +/- 1/2 micron accuracy. They use 1 micron magnetic tape, it is the reader head that determines the resolution increment. SRA and UK DRO offer the M-DRO magnetic scales, the DRO Pros is different, I bought their EL700 package with magnetic scales for my mill quite a few years ago, and it has continued to perform very well. Just not a big fan of the touch screen in a machining environment.
I have the DROPros Electronica 400 on my 12x30 lathe and am pretty happy with it.

As I can be a bit of an digital tinkerer, I thought I'd try out the TouchDRO on 25x50 as I start doing some rebuild work on it. I can always go to an Electronica display.

I looked through the web site and found no parts to supports on the magnetic scales to attach them to the machine. Am I missing something here?

Bernd

Back