Dro Line Function?

RVJimD

Active User
Registered
Guys, I am using the DRO line function to drill 6 holes in a line. It seems the DRO want to start at the left edge and work to the right. Can this be controlled so if the part is already positioned at the right end of the part so I can work to the left?

The manual doesn't indicate anything about this. When I enter the function the first move value is negative and moving the table right causes that value to become more negative.

Wonder if a more advanced DRO has the option to work either direction? I tried entering a negative 4.5" value for the length but it says Error...

Did some digging in the DRO manual. I think I can change the direction counter on the x axis but I can't seem to enter the parameter setup procedure... I am using the DRO that came with my G0759 mill. It looks like it is an ES-8 ver M4 DRO. When it powers up it says ES-17.

Final update on Jim's struggle with reading the manual! I finally figured out how to enter the setup mode and it did indeed reverse the line function. I'm not going to say anything bad about the manual, but I don't think English is the first language of the authors.

Jim

Last edited:
Back