Dro-350 Or Dro-550 Shumatech

What Android device is that?

Yes, I am entering the question from my iPad so you have a sense of my Android hardware knowledge base. .

What Android device is that?

Yes, I am entering the question from my iPad so you have a sense of my Android hardware knowledge base. .

Its a nexus 10, overkill for a dro. I also have it running on my phone (GS3)

I have collected all the parts to set up a DRO with Yuri's design. I am using a TI board a BT module, iGaging absolute scales (from David H), and a new Tab4. All in I am at $240 with all new parts. I will also be adding a tach pick up as Yuri supports that now.

I have collected all the parts to set up a DRO with Yuri's design. I am using a TI board a BT module, iGaging absolute scales (from David H), and a new Tab4. All in I am at $240 with all new parts. I will also be adding a tach pick up as Yuri supports that now.
when I last communicated with Yuriy, his team had not yet done any work with the iGaging Absolute scales and was not sure about compatibility. That is the reason I went with the iGaging DigiMag scales.

Has that been resolved?

when I last communicated with Yuriy, his team had not yet done any work with the iGaging Absolute scales and was not sure about compatibility. That is the reason I went with the iGaging DigiMag scales.

Has that been resolved?

does not appear so

testAugust 3, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Is the ANdroid DRO compatible with the serial output of the new igaging "ABSOLUTE" series ? : http://www.igagingstore.com/38-Absolute-Digital-Readout-DRO-Stainless-Steel-S-p/205483.htm

Yuriy KrushelnytskiyAugust 3, 2014 at 9:45 PM
I don't know; haven't had a chance to play with the new model.

• b36-rounded.png
    Nathan WrightNovember 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM
    Short answer: no.

At a minimum, the Absolute DRO has a 2KHz clock. But, changing the clock freq isn't enough.

The data line is severely attenuated with a 5.6K PD resistor. The original display unit has a 100K PU resistor, so this will require a schematic change to match.

Have not had a chance to look at the data on the logic analyzer to confirm if it is still 21-bit.

(There also appears to be a pull up on pin 4 of the Mini-USB. Looks to be a basic connection check - the control unit stops sending the clock if that pull up is removed. Looks like this can be ignored.)

Will investigate further and post an update as time permits.

b36-rounded.png

b36-rounded.png

b36-rounded.png

Has that been resolved?

In reading through the posts, a couple of people had tried them with positive results. Yuriy had not received a sample yet to begin testing. I am in no hurry and can wait for Yuriy to resolve the issues.

I went back and looked more at Yuri's DRO - I had started looking at it a while back with the Arduino in mind, but after looking at the Launchpad version, I went ahead and ordered one of the $50 7" tablets and three bluetooth boards. Need to get the launchpads on order next. I want to build 2 at least (for both mills). I like dedicated displays rather than using the tablet, but I can live with the tablet. It is due in today from Newegg.

I have two Dro-350s I built in 2005.

long story short I now have a non working dro-350 and two non working dpu-550 add on boards.
Still got these? More importantly, still want them? I'm looking for something like this.

Sadly, Shumatech seems to be out of the business now. But the schematics are available and the source code is available. Since I'm an electronics guy and a software guy and (most importantly) retired with way more time than money, I'm interested in "hacking" one.

Alan

Still got these? More importantly, still want them? I'm looking for something like this.

Sadly, Shumatech seems to be out of the business now. But the schematics are available and the source code is available. Since I'm an electronics guy and a software guy and (most importantly) retired with way more time than money, I'm interested in "hacking" one.

Alan
Do I still have them? - Yes.

Do I know where they are? - I think so.

Back