Drill fixture for the lathe

Mark_f

Registered
Registered
This is a simple tool I have seen before and it may even be on this site, but a friend sent it to me on the internet and inspired me to finally build one as I have wanted to for a while.

It is simple to build
lathe drilling fixture.jpg Tow pieces that I cut entirely on the band saw and welded together. I did mill a groove on the bearing block .100" deep to align the shank while welding. A hole was drilled and bored for a .500" ID bearing that pressed into the block.
lathe drilling fixture 2.jpg

lathe drilling fixture 4.jpg
drill fixture on lathe.jpg A .500" OD shaft , 6" long with a 3/8 drill chuck on the end fits in the bearing. You attach your cordless drill and then you can drill a cross hole on center or turn the fixture to face drill your work. You can drill feeding with the crass slide or saddle , or you can drill sliding the shaft in the bearing block.

Simple but useful tool for the lathe

Mark Frazier

lathe drilling fixture.jpg lathe drilling fixture 2.jpg lathe drilling fixture 4.jpg drill fixture on lathe.jpg

Sweet job! You really need to quit showing us this stuff, l will never get any projects finished because I am drooling over your stuff! Seriously though keep showing us stuff, you are an inspiration.

That's a really neat idea and easily approachable for most of us on here too

Nice job Mark. Thanks for sharing, this is going to go on the "to do" list.

Thanks for the idea. I've been trying to figure out a way to drill in center of a work piece without a mill. This will get me by until I do get one. I have a drill press but it's a small craftsman that shutters and chatters when you go near it with a drill bit over 1/2". Thanks again.

Richard

Very neat and so simple even I understand it. That would be very useful with some sort of indexing fixture on the lathe spindle. (I'm sure you've made one of those as well. :rofl: )

Seriously, thank you for sharing all the tooling you've made. Most are on the 'lust list' to shamelessly copy at some future date.

Well done! I bet that could be adapted to hold a pencil grinder....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very neat and so simple even I understand it. That would be very useful with some sort of indexing fixture on the lathe spindle. (I'm sure you've made one of those as well. :rofl: )

Seriously, thank you for sharing all the tooling you've made. Most are on the 'lust list' to shamelessly copy at some future date.

Why yes, as a matter of fact I did make an index wheel for the lathe and have an idea for another one.:rofl:

Mark Frazier

Back