Dremmel 3000 question

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Hi guys.

I am considering buying a Dremmel 3000. Is it a good buy for the shop or not? I see a lot 2nd hand ones for sale and that is why I am asking. Basically I want to know if it is a good product and brand. Thoughts please. I will buy new if I do. In US $ it is about $63.23 with 5 toolbits.

Dremel tools are usually pretty good. I own three different tools; 1 single speed and 1 multispeed corded; and a multispeed cordless. At that price I'd expect quite some number more toolbits however.

Dremel tools are usually pretty good. I own three different tools; 1 single speed and 1 multispeed corded; and a multispeed cordless. At that price I'd expect quite some number more toolbits however.

That is all that comes in the box unfortunately. The Dremmel 4000 is a bit more expensive, but with more bits.

The Dremmel 4000 is a bit more expensive, but with more bits.

I'd consider getting the 4000 then - Your savings (3000) may be gone after you buy needed tools. And the 4000 looks to be a bit better!

I bought a Dremmel (don't remember the model) a few years ago and was not impressed with the quality. Seemed to me like Dremmel has (like almost everyone else) cheapened their tools. I smoked the motor in short order. Maybe I was just pushing it too hard.

Bought a Harbor Freight flexable shaft grinder (https://www.harborfreight.com/flexible-shaft-grinder-and-carver-40432.html) and abuse the sh** out of it. Can't seem to break it - and I break a lot of stuff.

Proxxon is better quality. Lots on eBay. Just remember to get a power brick as well. The 12VDC provides lots of torque. Collets are good quality and with the cash you save buy better quality add-ons than what you get from Dremel.
The difference in feel in your hand is very noticeable.

IMO Dremmel is the absolute winner of the race to the bottom contest. 40 years ago, they made quality tools. Today, they have done everything possible to wring every penny out of the production costs in China and I would recommend you look at Proxxon if you're after something of better quality.

I like my Rotozip Rebel, it wasn't marketed for the same job as the Dremel but the Rotozip is a brilliant tool.
Sadly Bosch have bought the Rotozip name in Europe and now sell their over-priced, under-performing crap under the name :-(

years ago I got disgusted with the noisy bearing on a relatively new dremel and bought a B&D Wizard. Better features at the time, and won't quit. Don't know if it's still made, but yeah, Dremel ain't all that any more.

Back