Dpdt switch to reverse old Craftsman motor?

Thanks! I might actually try this just to see if I can clean it up a little. It’s really a mess and it’s driving nuts aesthetically. If it was a perfect world I have a control box on the wall. But this isn’t a permanent location and I’m not entirely sure it ever will be in one. I’m curious what the switch looked like that the manual states can be used. I just don’t see any clean way to wire it. I’m actually designing a printed piece to adapt at conduit body to the motor plate location.

Out of curiosity why the spade/lug combo to begin with?

I know just enough about interference with power to know it happens and anytime I’ve run any type of digital/signal and power they run shielded or far apart. But don’t know the intricacies. I remember as a youngin fighting noise in my car audio systems but didn’t know why.

The terminal combo was just for flexibility- two were for the blue and yellow and the other two were just alternates if one wanted
to use push on terminals instead of ring lugs for power
Convenient for OEMS I guess

Ok so there really is no advantage to them. I’m using the lugs but honestly it’s way more of a hassle than the spades. Not to mention they protrude out the bottom where the spades stay tukee up so long as you use a 90.

Thanks again for the help!

Back