Does anyone know how to get the magic

Inferno

Registered
Registered
Does anyone know how to get the magic smoke back into a IC chip?
I accidentally let some out and don't have a magic smoke injector.
In fact, I don't have any of the magic smoke on the shelf.

For the record, I'm not talking about the magic smoke obtained from the green cross people.

The smoke wasn't really the premium stuff.
I don't know which one to get, though.
It's a through hole IC chip so, do I get through hole?
The polarity of the smoke is also in question. The fact that the wrong polarity is what may have caused the smoke to release, in the first place, means maybe I need to get both positive and negative polarity smoke.

Long story short. I'm designing a circuit board to plug into a programmable controller and, hopefully, solve a line noise issue.
When I designed the original board, I designed it with the top view dominant but when I added the IC I was dumb and was looking at the bottom view dominant. So, I had the IC flipped when I assembled it. So, the input polarity was reversed and I sent positive current right into the ground lug and vice versa.

BTW, that smell is still in my living room. Sizzled like bacon, smells like failure.

1706925787595.jpeg

The smoke wasn't really the premium stuff.
I don't know which one to get, though.
It's a through hole IC chip so, do I get through hole?
The polarity of the smoke is also in question. The fact that the wrong polarity is what may have caused the smoke to release, in the first place, means maybe I need to get both positive and negative polarity smoke.

Long story short. I'm designing a circuit board to plug into a programmable controller and, hopefully, solve a line noise issue.
When I designed the original board, I designed it with the top view dominant but when I added the IC I was dumb and was looking at the bottom view dominant. So, I had the IC flipped when I assembled it. So, the input polarity was reversed and I sent positive current right into the ground lug and vice versa.

BTW, that smell is still in my living room. Sizzled like bacon, smells like failure.

View attachment 476678
Smells like EXPERIENCE, and they don't bottle it and it doesn't come in a pill...

Back