Do you guys know BlondiHacks, Joe Pieczynski, Abom 79 ???

I'm going to publicly confess. While I can be known to be off-color from time to time privately - publicly I'm a bit prudish - I really don't care for the "keep your **** in a vice" kind of humor out there in the world for free. It just seems gratuitous and for the clicks - if I were paying for that I'd probably appreciate it more - but not for free and general public consumption. But that's my personal taste.

The first few times I tried to watch Ave I was also turned off by his language.
I have found some of his videos present some really solid technical knowledge.
But I still am not fan of the language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AvE doesn't bother me, but to each their own. I figure there are so many different channels and characters out there that there's something suitable for everyone's taste.

I am wondering who/what made Quinn so afraid to climb mill....

I am wondering who/what made Quinn so afraid to climb mill....

She's not the only hobby machinist/maker that I've seen that seemed overly concerned about it. Some were even running large machines that could certainly handle it without issues. I've never tried it on a bench mill, so perhaps those have enough flex that it's a bigger issue?

She's not the only hobby machinist/maker that I've seen that seemed overly concerned about it. Some were even running large machines that could certainly handle it without issues. I've never tried it on a bench mill, so perhaps those have enough flex that it's a bigger issue?
I do it on my G0463.
No issues.

Anyone else ever get a shout from Tom Lipton ?

There's a fairly new YouTube channel - engineering hacks and tricks. There are quite a few interesting and unusual techniques that don't appear elsewhere on YouTube. Edit. I've dicovered that I can load a YouTube example, hopefully it works..

Last edited:
Please ignore - I responded to the wrong thread. I don't know how to delete my post so please just ignore it.

Last edited:
Back