DIY Mesa Boring Head Attachment

Wow, you didn't wait long to build this! It looks super stout and if I wouldn't have watched your video I would have assumed the lower round section was a separate piece. Nice touch. You did an awesome job.

Thanks for your nice feedback. - This solutions is much more rigid than the set of 10mm import boringbars that I used before. I made this vorsion of the mesa-tool because it is more versatile than the horizontal version which seems to work only for 50mm and bigger borings.

Thanks for your nice feedback. - This solutions is much more rigid than the set of 10mm import boringbars that I used before. I made this vorsion of the mesa-tool because it is more versatile than the horizontal version which seems to work only for 50mm and bigger borings.
Im not positive but I am pretty sure that I read you can also flip the bar around and do even larger bores. Did you try this or see any issue why this wouldn't work?

Looks good, I have a set of the Mesa tools.

@9t8z28
Yes it is possible to flip that tool around - the cutting edge stays on centerline and you can bore 50mm + the reach of the boringhead.
Smallest bore is about 21mm.
On my todo list i also have a 10mm boringbar with a TCMT11...insert for smaller holes (for 11mm and bigger). Could also be made in the mesa style.

Back