Dividing Head With Lathe Chuck Question

Tomh, you aren't kidding about those wrecks. A friend of a friend has a state DOT contract to clean up those wrecks on a stretch of I-10 near his property. The shipping companies just write off the small stuff apparently, with anything industrial getting appraised as to the damage.

Regardless which shipper, heavy metal parts tend to destroy cardboard boxes. The box and part get separated and both are discarded.

I'm continually surprised at the amount (both weight and quantity) of lead bullets vendors can fit into a USPS flat-rate box.

The spider should have 4 bolts. Much easier to use and indicate in.

Planeflyer21, Yeah its amazing. One crew I knew of would quietly give some of the can stuff to charity that fed the needy rather than haul it to the landfill, so at least something good came out of it.
In the early 60s a train derailed in the little town I lived in and everybody had cornflakes for months. ROLMAO

A good tip I got from my postman is to tape a label with shipping info to the contents of your box in case it got caught on the sorting machine and tore open. ( and that does happen with all shippers that use conveyer systems) As a example such as a chuck, tape the info to it and then they can send it on to its destination as they have info on as to where it goes or otherwise it goes in a ben that is often trashed. As for UPS while in college my son worked unloading/ loading trucks for UPS after school. He told me how many boxes he had to load unload a hour. It was insane as it was in the hundreds of all sizes and if he had to go to the restroom he had to get a replacement for the few minutes he was gone, they got xx minutes to pee or poop and if they didn't make their quotas after the 3rd time they was let go.:(

Back