Distance Between Machines ?

I placed my mill and lathe along the back wall of my shop as I had a 220v 30 amp plug on a post on that wall. It's not the best use of the space but it was easy at the time. For spacing I ran the mill table all the way to the left and made sure I could squeeze between it and the lathe tailstock. I kept the lathe away from the wall enough I could still access the electrical box and sweep up chips. I like having something behind me when working on the machines so I have a tool box in front of the mill and a table in front of the lathe. Very handy to have.

after doing this post I decided to change floor lay out in shop, I am moving most things to a out side wall so that I have more open space to work on projects, I can believe how much area is gives me and I don't have any worries about one machine being to close to another if both are being used at same time. soon as I get everything moved and anchored to floor I will try to post some photos of before and after to show area I gained with the move

Back