Disc brake caliper bracket

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
My close friend has a 68 Camaro race car(7.50 cert} running in the 160 MPH range, and he wants to put a bigger caliper on the front brake. His problem is there is no vendor support for his aftermarket front spindles, his new calipers have a wider mounting bolt spacing, so we are making new mounting brackets. The new bracket needs to get the original mounting pattern transferred to the new plate, then locating the new caliper holes after mounting the bracket.

The plates were drilled, and the new one tapped to secure them together to locate each hole, and taken apart for drilling, and countersinking one at a time. We kind of did it the hard way, but it worked, now he has to locate the caliper mounting holes while on the car, then drill the holes for the pressed in steel bushings. The fixture plate was a God send.

That's an interesting hole pattern on your fixture plate. I've been wanting to fabricate a fixture plate for some time. Can you provide some details on what you did.
Thanks
Ted

Thanks for the link. This is a very different design than I've seen before.

Ted

The top is flat if you look at the pictures in the link, that is the bottom to make it lighter, this is the top.
1709600100299.png

Mike , in your first pic ......... the clamp on the step block end is lower than the end clamping the part . Should always be the opposite when possible . :)

I checked out the website for those fixture plates. Actually, I think their prices are very reasonable for what you're getting. I had always intended to make my own, but I'm not sure it's worth all the effort plus cost of materials after looking at this product.
Thanks for the info.
Ted

Do you have a track on Kauai? Seems like an unusual thing in paradise!

Back