Diamond or Tangential Tool Holder

Clear your browser history, sacrifice one goat, do the hocky-pocky and try tomorrow.

More usefully PM me and I can look something up for you.... if that helps
Will try again tomorrow, spent enough money today anyway.

thanks for the offer Doug! I'll just recommission a new browser first. I have 6 or 7 to choose from...

Their website is a tad slow and required some drilling down through menus to get to the "Add to Bag," but I did get there.

the web site doesnt work if you do not accept cookies.
I declined cookies and the shop definitely stopped working, reloaded and accepted cookies and all worked fine.

the web site doesnt work if you do not accept cookies.
I declined cookies and the shop definitely stopped working, reloaded and accepted cookies and all worked fine.
Got it, thanks!

Now that there's cookies I'm going to get fat.

The original and best use of cookies was to keep track of a site visitor as they moved from page to page - e.g. adding a Diamond Toolholder to your cart, then browsing over to tool bits and adding a few of those. Sadly the technology was easily abused, and here we are...

To the matter at hand, there is also the "Wimberley" toolholder, which ostensibly solves the 'problem' with the Diamond - that sharpening needs to remove a lot of metal. Unfortunately (at least if you own a large-ish lathe) the Wimberley only uses a puny tool bit (1/4"?). I have both although I've used the Diamond way more. The Wimberley's best feature, imo, is that it can't foul the compound if you use a long blank.

They both work great and they're easy to sharpen, but once you master grinding conventional tools they lose most of their shine.

GsT

Would anyone who has the diamond tool holder and the sharpening jig care to give me a sketch of the jig with the pertinent angles so I could make one?

I have what looks like either a knockoff or early version but I didn't get the guide in the parts I received.

Back