Diamond M22 New to Us Missing a Few Parts

Congratulations. I have an M20 and a B12, that looks like an M20 to me. I can get you some info on the drive for the power feed. Luckily the hardest parts to fabricate would be the ones you have that attach to the saddle. Your machine is surprisingly complete. My B12 is a basket case, and worn out to boot. Take care.
Thank You for the info cjtoombs, I do have the shaft for table feed but nothing else, but not a big deal right now,
I need to get it cleaned up and repair the broken handle ends among other things, Even with the Rust on machine it has
come apart fairly easy, I guess you could attribute that to the way oil and grease was made back in the old days.
Thank you for your time! Mark

I agree looks like an M20. The 22 is bigger with some differences. B12 was a bench top model, M20 has a screw for the knee which protrudes below requiring a stand. M20 seems to be the most common version, at least of the surviving machines.

I agree looks like an M20. The 22 is bigger with some differences. B12 was a bench top model, M20 has a screw for the knee which protrudes below requiring a stand. M20 seems to be the most common version, at least of the surviving machines.
The B12 I exactly the same as the M20 except it has the single t slot for the table and the table is a bit narower. The one I have has the cast iron base, but even the ones sold without it had the y axis lead screw going down through the table below. Not that unusual for "Benchtop" machines of old. You were just expected to drill a hole.

The B12 I exactly the same as the M20 except it has the single t slot for the table and the table is a bit narower. The one I have has the cast iron base, but even the ones sold without it had the y axis lead screw going down through the table below. Not that unusual for "Benchtop" machines of old. You were just expected to drill a hole.

I've only seen the B12 in photos / brochures. It looks smaller, so I assumed it was more like one of the Benchmaster mills.

It is not apparent that the screw extends below the base in the photos I've seen. Seems kind of awkward having to drill a hole in your bench, but I imagine that a substantial cast iron base like the one on my M20 added a significant cost to the mill.

Back