Diamond M22 New to Us Missing a Few Parts

mcf

Registered
Registered
Hello To All in the Diamond Milling Forum, We Just Saved a M22 from Scrap yard and
are Looking for the Diameter/Size of Large Pulley/flywheel that is on the arbor support shaft.
Motor has pulley but have no Idea of size for arbor shaft.
Machine also has no pulley system for the table feed, But that will be a later fix.
Any help would be appreciated! Thank You Mark

Hi Mark, Welcome to HM
Congratulations on your rescue! Please post pictures if you can. We love pictures here and it is usually helpful in getting answers.
You might be able to find info on your machine here:

Not many parts available for those these days- you might need to adapt something
There used to be a Yahoo group for Diamond owners- not sure if it still exists.
There was a guy in LA who had several machines and parts
-Mark
I happened to have this:
Don't know if it's any help to you

Attachments

• Diamond22m.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Not many parts available for those these days- you might need to adapt something
There used to be a Yahoo group for Diamond owners- not sure if it still exists.
There was a guy in LA who had several machines and parts
-Mark
I happened to have this:
Don't know if it's any help to you
Thanks Again Mark for the Info! If You have the time can you tell me the outside diameter of the big Pulley
on your machine at countershaft spindle that is driven from motor, That would give me an idea of what size to look for
so i can make pulley adapt to countershaft
Thank you for your time ! Mark

Oh LOL sorry, when I said "this" I meant the attached file. I do have a B12 model- (or M20 not sure)
Is the pulley the same? I can measure mine if it will help- the biggest one correct?
It's something like 10" but I can go measure for u
OK the two diameters are 9.5" for the small and 10.625" for the large, and these of course are flat pulleys which
was not uncommon to use with a V-belt back in the day- South Bend did it too- it enabled moving the motor belt between 2 speeds without loosening the motor mount
1107161437-00.jpg

Last edited:
Oh LOL sorry, when I said "this" I meant the attached file. I do have a B12 model- (or M20 not sure)
Is the pulley the same? I can measure mine if it will help- the biggest one correct?
OK the two diameters are 9.5" for the small and 10.625" for the large, and these of course are flat pulleys which
was not uncommon to use with a V-belt back in the day- South Bend did it too
View attachment 442261

Thank You So Much Mark, I will start looking for pulleys now that i know the size,
I didn't want to undersize the pulley as that would change speed on arbor
I'm going to try and load pics of my lucky find, gonna have to do some major repairs
as right before i picked the mill up the seller flopped it on its side and broke handles off,
but it was missing main pulley all along! also not all the table feed parts are there but, no big deal,
for the $100.00 i paid for it, it will keep me out of trouble for a few months! LOL!
Thank you again for all of your time! Mark M.

was not uncommon to use with a V-belt back in the day- South Bend did it too- it enabled moving the motor belt between 2 speeds without loosening the motor
View attachment 442261

was not uncommon to use with a V-belt back in the day- South Bend did it too- it enabled moving the motor belt between 2 speeds without loosening the motor
View attachment 442261

Attachments

• Our Diamond Mill.jpg
    Our Diamond Mill.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Our Diamond Mill-1.jpg
    Our Diamond Mill-1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Our Diamond Mill-3.jpg
    Our Diamond Mill-3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Our Diamond Mill-4.jpg
    Our Diamond Mill-4.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Our Diamond Mill-9.jpg
    Our Diamond Mill-9.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Our Diamond Mill-10.jpg
    Our Diamond Mill-10.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 17
Are you sure of the model? It looks more like mine and I know mine isn't a 22-M- On a 22-M the ends of the table are rounded, and the knee crank is off at an angle like a Bridgeport
Is your dataplate missing also?
Looks like some pictures were taken before it rained- poor thing, put out to pasture with only a dumpster for company
I think what you have is either a B12 or an M20

Last edited:
Congratulations. I have an M20 and a B12, that looks like an M20 to me. I can get you some info on the drive for the power feed. Luckily the hardest parts to fabricate would be the ones you have that attach to the saddle. Your machine is surprisingly complete. My B12 is a basket case, and worn out to boot. Take care.

Are you sure of the model? It looks more like mine and I know mine isn't a 22-M- On a 22-M the ends of the table are rounded, and the knee crank is off at an angle like a Bridgeport
Is your dataplate missing also?
Looks like some pictures were taken before it rained- poor thing, put out to pasture with only a dumpster for company
I think what you have is either a B12 or an M20
Yes Missing dataplate was a guess on the model from the photo's on lathes uk, it could very well be a M20
What ever model it is, saving it from the recycler is great for me! Yes photo's were taken 4 months before i saw
it on Offerup in So Cal then it got left outside and knocked over before I picked it up. Going to be a project
But looking forward to using it! Thanks For All of Your Help Mark

Back