Di-acro#2 Punch Press Dies Needed

Johnwright

Wannabe machinist
Registered
I just came by a #2 Di-Acro punch press. I don't have this beast in my shop yet but I do know that it only has a (approx) 1" square die. Who has some dies at a reasonable price? I probably won't have it at the shop for several weeks, but I want to be prepared when I get it. Any and all help will be appreciated! Pics to follow when I get to bringing it home.

Nope, I haven't got any dies. But, I'm looking forward to hearing about your successes.
I was talking with a retired millwright/machinist several months ago about making custom dies.
He observed that it was his experience that he never had the correct die. So he just made them as needed.
I'm really looking forward to hearing about this, as I've occasionally wished I had one! Although I'm not sure where I'd put her...

Daryl
MN

Nope, I haven't got any dies. But, I'm looking forward to hearing about your successes.
I was talking with a retired millwright/machinist several months ago about making custom dies.
He observed that it was his experience that he never had the correct die. So he just made them as needed.
I'm really looking forward to hearing about this, as I've occasionally wished I had one! Although I'm not sure where I'd put her...

Daryl
MN

Daryl, thanks for the reply. I've not thought about making the dies. I have a small lathe but no mill, so I'll have to look at the existing die to see how they are configured to see if it would be possible. Also, I presume hardening of the pieces would also be an issue. I'm getting over double knee replacement surgery so I'm still moving slowly. Can't wait to get back into the shop though. So far, I haven't found any commercial outlet that has any prices posted but I'll keep looking.
John W

Back