Decommissioning Dial Indicators

I decommissioned my last possessed computer , started at front porch , 6 precision placed 0.380 holes, moved to front yard , 3 , 000 buck 3" mag 12ga , put the remaining case out aprox 100 yards hanging from tree and 5 30/06 precisely placed holes in the remaining computer carcass
Then I called up a computer guru friend and told him to come by , "my computer has a problem"
He said it was beyond his expertise, the lead got all mixed up.

have 10 or more indicators

View attachment 131486

Charl

Personally , I prefer a power shear or a 100 ton press ...........................but that's just my honest opinion !! :encourage:

Back in my apprentice days , I was using my bosses Last Word indicator to true up a very large cam in a 4 jaw chuck for ID grinding . It ended up falling out of the chuck directly onto his well , basket case indicator . It amazed me to find out just how many moving parts there were in such a small package !! My other boss laughed his butt off about it . ;)

It's probably very effective the way you made the other 9 watch...

okay, you actually made me laugh out loud!
Thanks for that.

-brino

Note that he has had numerous good suggestions and ideas and hasn't acknowledged any of them
olcopper

Perhaps it's time to ease off as recent postings have. The friendly aspect is the best part of this forum for many.

At a certain point it's just piling on. Maybe the original poster feels bad or justified in his assumed actions. Either way at the end of the day he can do what he likes with his things, even if we rather he didn't. Best everyone

Perhaps it's time to ease off as recent postings have. The friendly aspect is the best part of this forum for many.

At a certain point it's just piling on. Maybe the original poster feels bad or justified in his assumed actions. Either way at the end of the day he can do what he likes with his things, even if we rather he didn't. Best everyone

Thank you Ralph:encourage:

Back when I was younger I had a DVD player that was constantly acting up. I decommissioned it with a 7 story fall onto the pool deck...(yes the pool was closed)
Fortunately no one knew which apartment it came from.
R

Lots of things need decommissioning now a days, sometimes the day u got it
rwm: did it break the pool deck ?.

my last laptop started acting up, so I shot it twice with 3" OO-buck. That didn't fix it so I shot it 5 more times.

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

See what I mean about a throw away society. Me im so poor , cheap I'd keep them and fix them myself . Or give to somebody worse then me. Is there anybody worse?. YUPP there are .

Back