Deckel FP2 mill, Universal Table, Heidenhain 6 axis DRO - $30499 (San Francisco, CA)

And for 30,500.00 No Kurt vise for you....:cautious:

It is one heck of a nice machine, perhaps half the price it was new (it always was an expensive machine) and the used market has always been strong. That design is especially capable at odd/unusual set ups. I have a similar machine from Maho MH600 (equivalent to an FP1) and you would likely need to troll the world if you had a lusting for a machine like that. I have other mills now, but there are still tasks that are significantly easier on the little Maho, than on the larger knee mill or VMC. At the end of the day, it is the parts made that count and a Deckel is not really that much different than anything else.

$30k, no problem let me check the couch cushions. :grin:

Kind of interesting, I wonder what the benefit of a square table is supposed to be vs the more common rectangle.

I guess it would be fine if you only deal in short workpieces, as may be common in mold and die work.

That table is a universal table, quite expensive option in the Deckel world. Isn't as rigid as the fixed table, but can do things that the fixed can't, as it the ad states it is two axis table. Also that is a later model FP2 and is fully tooled with all the high end German stuff , very top shelf. Really can't understand not including the Kurt, come on?

It is one heck of a nice machine, perhaps half the price it was new (it always was an expensive machine) and the used market has always been strong. That design is especially capable at odd/unusual set ups. I have a similar machine from Maho MH600 (equivalent to an FP1) and you would likely need to troll the world if you had a lusting for a machine like that. I have other mills now, but there are still tasks that are significantly easier on the little Maho, than on the larger knee mill or VMC. At the end of the day, it is the parts made that count and a Deckel is not really that much different than anything else.

To give you an idea on the cost of Deckel, my FP-2NC in 1984 was $78K, so your guess of half the price is right on!

Back