Darex e90 stylus help

usajsb2

Registered
Registered
Purchased a Darex e90 from ebay seems to be missing the original bracket for the stylus. I"m hoping someone here has one that they could give me a few measurements its the bracket that holds the stylus looks like two angle parts. One part mounts to the base of the machine and has a pivot pin then there is a slotted part with an arc and finally an angle with a pivot and also hold the stylus. part 6,8, and 10 on the darex parts diagram in the manual. Any help would be great

Hello @usajsb2,

I too picked up a Darex E-90 that was short a few parts.
The company was good at getting me some missing ones, NOT cheap, but responsive!

Wait, by description I think you mean parts 6, 9 and 10, right?
I believe #8 is just a washer/spacer that sits between bracket #10 and bolt #3, see diagram below....

I have the following parts, new in the bags:
#9 Stylus Angle Adjusting Plate
#10 Stylus Mounting Plate

It may be the weekend before I get to measuring them....but do NOT let me forget!
If I do not post back by Monday, please PM me a reminder.

I do NOT have part #6, I was hoping to fashion out out of some angle iron, but have not got that far yet.
So if someone could supply those dimensions, I could use them too!

-brino

1588708912766.png

Yes 6,9, and 10 my eyes are bad that would be great. I did email darex but waiting on a reply. Yes if you have 9 and 10 then figuring out 6 shouldnt be too hard maybe someone else will chime in with some measurments for 6 yet. I'll wait to hear back from you when you get time thanks.

Where do you guys get decent priced diamond wheels for that Darex?

Not the best price but i just ordered one from mcmaster carr for $180 there are cheaper ones $50-100 but the diamond is only half the thickness but there are none to be had all back ordered. Mcmaster carr ships next day they had 3 or 4 different grits 4571a154 is 220 grit i have done a dozen or end mills seems good to me.

Where do you guys get decent priced diamond wheels for that Darex?

Mine came with one, and since I haven't got it all set-up yet, it seems to be lasting very well. :grin:

-brino

@usajsb2,

I haven't forgotten about this, but it is taking longer than I wanted.

Let me give some easy stuff first....see the pictures below.
Both parts are 3/16" thick steel.

I have one drawing done (in Fusion360), I just need to figure out how to generate a PDF drawing again.
I will still finish the drawings.....

-brino

20200505_155344.jpg

20200505_155155.jpg

20200505_155205.jpg

20200505_155241.jpg

Okay, I figured out the drawing creation and pdf export.
Here's the first part.
-brino

Attachments

• Stylus Mounting Plate - PP08105SF Drawing v3.pdf
    134.9 KB · Views: 21
Sorry for the delay.

The second part (the Stylus Angle Adjusting Plate) has some curves, that I have no idea how to capture in CAD.

So, in order to get this complete (and after days of fighting with my scanner software :mad: ) here is at least a path forward.....

I have attached a scan of this part.
You just need to print it such that the scale is correct (ie. that 1 inch on the scanned ruler = 1 inch on the print-out).
Then you can use the pattern to produce a 1:1 replica.

The original is 3/16" thick steel.

Any questions, just ask.

-brino

Stylus_Angle_Adjusting_Plate_PP08130SF.jpg

Attachments

• Stylus_Angle_Adjusting_Plate_PP08130SF.jpg
    Stylus_Angle_Adjusting_Plate_PP08130SF.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 6
Okay, I figured out the drawing creation and pdf export.
Here's the first part.
-brino
THANK YOU!!!!

I’ve had the machine sitting idle because the stylus assembly was missing. Picked it up from an old toolmakers estate. Super excited to get this thing up and running…JON

Back