Daredevil 'Mad' Mike Hughes dies in homemade rocket launch

I saw that. Any one watching should be warned that the content may be disturbing to some (including myself.) Viewer discretion advised.
Lost parachute on launch.
Robert

Looks like the chutes deployed on launch, sad deal.

Jesus,
That is disturbing.
I stopped building rockets at age twelve. Lost fingers and knocked me cold.

Results were apparent when the parachutes deployed at launch. Hoping he was still waiting on chutes to deploy vs knowing in advance.

My #1 problem with all the rockets I and others built was parachute deployment, either not deploying at all or only partially inflating.

Wasn't it Evil Knievel who tried flying a rocket over a canyon, only to pass out on launch and deploy the chute prematurely? In his case it didn't rip free.

Last edited:
I really wish he had some kind of redundancy. I wanted to see more of his adventure.
Robert

The manned space program conducted a fairly methodical build up test program doing subsystem testing, then all up system testing unmanned then manned flights, and we still lost astronauts. Daredevil is a good title for anyone who designs and builds their own equipment and doesn't do that for any kind of flight. Many daredevils end their carrers like this one did.

Back