D Nelson's 101.07402

Sam,

The 101.07402 uses the later "A" suffix change gears with 1/2" hub length and 64T as the largest gear. So the threading chart for it and the 101.07403 are the same. The two major differences between it and the 101.07403 is that it has a 5/8" diameter lead screw and the one-piece carriage with no power cross feed. Atlas (or Sears) never did illustrated parts lists until around 1948 or 1950. So only on the 101.07403 and the two upgrades with the QCGB. But if you download the 101.07383 parts manual for the carriage and lead screw and the 101.07403 for the rest, you pretty much have it as far as parts go.

Plus you need a 1937V5 version of the MOLO. They turn up on eBay fairly frequently but of course the sellers don't know anything beyond that it's Copyright 1937. There are six currently known versions that all say "Copyright 1937" so you will usually have to write the seller and ask him whether or not there are any pages bound into Part 7 - Threading. And if there are, does the first printed page say Sears Master Craftsman 12", Atlas F-Series 10" or neither.[/Q

Thanks for the information. I will locate and save all the info you quoted plus monitor E-Bay for the 1937V5 version of the MOLO. I need to do a lot of reading. studying, cleaning and a bit of repairing before I feel ready to start machining.

Thanks for the information. I will locate and save all the info you quoted plus monitor E-Bay for the 1937V5 version of the MOLO. I need to do a lot of reading. studying, cleaning and a bit of repairing before I feel ready to start machining.[/QUOTE]

OK. Back when I was doing research before writing the first version of the Atlas Molo history, I bought a bunch of them off of eBay. Due in part to mistakes on my part and in part lack of knowledge on seller's part, I ended up with some duplicates. When I get my inventory caught up (probably tomorrow), I'll let you know whether or not I have any extra V5's.

Back