Cutting square shaped spiral

I’m not milling like that. This is a cross drilling jig only and completely separate from the spriral groove cutting project. It’s another option for drilling out knobs, or cross drilling in a spiral pattern kind of like a slotted rotor, but the holes will be drilled in the side of the stock.

Idk though, now you have me thinking should I do it the way you said with a grub screw and end mill? I have seen people do routers and milling type attachments to cross slide, but I never paid them any mind because I figured the quality and rigidity would be extremely low.
Ow ,

I was meaning to put an end mill in it and mill the spiral.

Sorry , wires crossed :oops2:

Stu

Yeah I guess another way it could be done would be on one of those mills where the cross travel is tied to the rotation of a chuck mounted to a rotary table.

Similar to this.

For the spiral desired, given the gear ratio, if one were using a live tool, it might work better to drive the lead screw and have that rotate the spindle slowly. (Like drive the lead screw with a hand drill adapter.)

Yeah I guess another way it could be done would be on one of those mills where the cross travel is tied to the rotation of a chuck mounted to a rotary table.

Similar to this.
I’m familiar with this, but I don’t have a mill yet, or I wouldn’t be going through all this trouble.

Back