Cutting Solution

RegisG

Registered
Registered
I have a small mill and lathe on the way (PM-25MV and G0602). I want to find a saw solution with smallest footprint, even portable if possible. I just do not have much room. I am new hobby machinist with very little experience (long ago). I'll be making relatively small items. Materials will typically be bar and round stock that I need to cut off pieces less than 6" long. No sheet metal work planned.
I read the points about converting/using small wood band saw and don't think I want to go there.
Appreciate any tips.
Regis

milwaukee porta bandsaw and a stand from I cant think of the name will come to me. great combo.

Hacksaw is current plan but, don't know how long my arm will last. I'll look at milwaukee porta bandsaw too.

Thanks,
Regis

Thank you kd4gij, that is the space saving solution I was looking for.

Thanks again,
Regis

It may be a little on the caveman side, but until you can do better, a cheap (read Horrible Fright) recip saw with a metal cutting blade might get you by.

I have a small mill and lathe on the way......... I want.............a saw solution with smallest footprint.......I am new hobby machinist.......... I'll be making relatively small items.....

Regis

Hello Regis,

Welcome to the friendly forum. Good to see another member from the middle TN area. Looks like you have small plans. What kind of materials and projects do you plan to do. That could make a difference in the solution for your tool needs. One little warning, this hobby can grow on you and you will want bigger and more tools.

Benny

Back