Cutting aluminum with circular saw

Hand sawing is just too tiring so I am planning to get a 7 inch 1500 Watt circular saw and wonder if it's good for cutting 6061 and 7075 aluminum , the most often used materials for my work. If it's feasible, what kind of saw blades ( teeth type, diameter, no. of teeth ,etc ) will be suitable ?
I have good luck with Diablo circular saw blades, they make one specificly for aluminum and it cuts like a hot knife through butter. I have cut up to 3/16" thick material with my circular saw, anything thicker I tend to default to the band saw for. That's my 2 cents worth....

I bought a lifetime supply of paraffin for $0.75/box once upon a time. I stuck it in a ziploc bag in my shop. I got it for waxing carbide burrs when I need to run a steel cut burr in aluminum for whatever reason. It doesn't last very long, but as the blade heats up it gets real easy to apply. There may be commercial products out there, but this stuff is cheeeep!

I have used a miter saw with carbide tips to cut 80/20 extrusions. Use 2x ear protection. Material will fly everywhere so cleanup is a pain. The cuts are very clean but be careful.
Ernesto

Back