Criterion 203 head problem?

taltexan

Registered
Registered
I bought a used head and was boring a couple of 6.25” holes. The first hole no problem but on the second the head stopped turning. I guess maybe a shear pin broke but how do you take this particular head apart to check? IMG_1516.jpeg

Is that some kind of a clutch attached to the boring head? Never seen that before, it is not part of the Criterion boring head.

The boring head ends at the red arrow. The circled part is not part of the boring head. Is there a name or a model number stamped on the circled part?
1704921710293.png

That's a tenths adjustment. Not sure the exactly what they're called.

There is no model number or name on the center piece you have circled. It does have graduations from 0-30 on the center piece. The head and circled area can move in opposite direction. The 3MT shaft is attached at the top of circled area.

In photo the red marks are the taper screwed into the top. The items marked with yellow can spin in any direction. It doesn’t appear the head can be unscrewed from the circled area.

Attachments

• IMG_1518.jpeg
    IMG_1518.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1517.jpeg
    IMG_1517.jpeg
    297.2 KB · Views: 14
I found this, so I guess it’s a Criterion product. I’ll try looking for a manual. Thanks for the replies.

Attachments

• IMG_1519.jpeg
    IMG_1519.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 12
Here is my DBL-203 when I was changing shanks. Screws in with a 1.5''-18 thread.

1704935243849.png

I am not able to locate that other device with the graduations on it.

Clearly I got short changed on my 202. How does this work????

Back