Crescent

that is a highly collectable wrench.
i would love to find one at a yard sale.
I've seen those a few times at yard sales etc, never bought one though as I already have too many adjustable wrenches.

that is a highly collectable wrench.
i would love to find one at a yard sale.
Yeah I just looked on eBay, some ridiculous prices are being asked for those double headers... wish I had picked them up when I had a chance.

Adjustable wrench is the least used tool I own. The right size wrench is the only way. If I run across a nut or bolt a size I don't have. You guessed it time to buy another tool.:blues:

I stumbled across this thread and am amazed because I have one of those wrenchs..
I got it from my grandfathers toolbox! So I'd never sell it but now I'm curious as to their values.
where did you guys see these prices?

I'm using adjustable wrenches a lot aside with high quality fixed wrenches. They are far better than the reputation, which may originate from people that have used mistreated wrenches in the past or the wrong size for the application. A good wrench has a larger grip surface than many fixed wrenches and can be adjusted very close to the head dimension without lash.

So I've gathered a few during the years and take care of them. The primary use is for medium and large size nuts and bolts. It is also convenient to have a 4" and a 6" or 8" in the motorcycle tool pouch.

Here is a description of 6 generations of Bahco wrenches. http://skiftnyckeln.blogspot.se/ The favorite is the so called Ergo-Wrench from mid 80's. The picture shows most of the ones I have.

DSC05045.JPG

I'm a J H Williams man with real adjustable wrenches! I have all of "Super Adjustable" one's from 4" all the way up to this 18" that belonged to my grandpa. It saw work in the oilfields of South Texas back before I was born or may be in diapers, right at 60 years old.

DSCN3258.JPG

Back