Craftsman Metal Lathe - $2300 (Mckinleyville, CA)

MrWhoopee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member

1573709621436.png

Looks identical to a 3996 .

$1000 more pride than I have in mine . :big grin:

Having lived in Humboldt County near McKinleyville, an isolated area basically the Sahara desert of machine tools, you can pony up for something like this locally, or spend several hundred dollars and a day or two of your time traveling to look at something that you may or may not end up buying. Not saying it's worth the asking price, but after you spend a couple of years chasing better deals hundreds of miles away and are still lathe-less, that price starts looking less crazy.

Having lived in Humboldt County near McKinleyville, an isolated area basically the Sahara desert of machine tools, you can pony up for something like this locally, or spend several hundred dollars and a day or two of your time traveling to look at something that you may or may not end up buying. Not saying it's worth the asking price, but after you spend a couple of years chasing better deals hundreds of miles away and are still lathe-less, that price starts looking less crazy.

True dat! I spent over $500 in truck rental, fuel etc. to get my Heavy 10L and Kent vertical mill. Fortunately they were given to me, keeping the total cost reasonable.

True, Humboldt County is pretty isolated. There is good reason Bigfoot calls it home.

I was born and raised in Humboldt and the cost of anything is friggin ridiculously high
greed being the primary factor ....................

I was born and raised in Humboldt and the cost of anything is friggin ridiculously high
greed being the primary factor ....................

Capitalism at its finest, whatever the market will bear. Our local grocery store (gReeds) had to drop the price of a gallon of milk by a dollar when Dollar General came to town. Sometimes it's the extra cost to get it there, sometimes its just greed.

Back