Could Be A Dumb Rt Question

My Rutland (Taiwan) RT also does not line the t-slots up with anything except the pointer when at zero degrees. You can set up your fixture plate so it's features are square and parallel the mill's table slots when it reads zero. You could even put a couple precision dowel holes in it and make a matching bar to mount to the fixture plate and then tram the bar.

What I do also is use a Sharpie to make a temporary mark where I need it. The vernier on the dial is adjustable, so that's where the accuracy is.

Thank for the replies, I preferred t slots on RT to be square with mill table t slots . They are now , with RT set at 0 deg I tramed RT base to table , tramed RT t slots in Y , all to .001 , I made new pointer that points to 0 and 5/16 hole T nuts . To center fixture plate I used a spare mt3 JT6 Chuck arbor ,Mt 3 center in RT turned JT to .750 X 1-1/4" with a reemed 3/8 hole in top for dowell pin To locate table on mill . Fixture plate is half round 12" half square , tomorrow I'll skim the top and drill pattern for 3/8 16 hold downs I hope it will be good to go then. Tired of fooling with Asia things to make them rite :mad:.

Back