converting wood bandsaw to metal

only waiting on one thing to be totally finished that's a plate of blade speeds that a friend is engraving for me it will mount on the back . will post when i get it on ..chris

Thanks Ed , that's why GOD made mig wire buy the roll and grinders with replaceable grinding wheels for guys like me and you , i guess that's our punishment for not practicing enough! LOL! we just need to do more projects in order to make prettier welds ,right? thanks Chris...

A little help with the MIG, Try pushing the gun instead of pulling it. Your weld should be flatter if your heat is right.
Paul

I've got a Delta/Milwaukee wood/metal waiting its to be redone.

Chris, you did a fine job and your attention to detail paid off. You should be proud of what you've done.

hey Ed, i don't know if you have looked at some of the other websites like welding web ,miller or hobart , but they have some guys on there that have made some really cool welding carts check them out you can get some good ideas from some of those guys . it will only be ugly if you want it to just take your time and make a good plan and don't be afraid to do something different .keep in mind i'm no ace welder i am a machinist for a living so i do this for fun if i can do it anyone can keep us posted with pics. good luck Chris...

Thanks Tony for the compliments , i am proud of all the projects i do . i never understood how a guy could take the time to do something and not give a s**t what it looks like when he is done your work you turn out says allot about who you are ,thank you for noticing . Chris

Hey Ed ,now that's what you call making a plan, when you buy your wheels use 8or10in. air or hard rubber tires " preferably air "that are plenty wide for the back you will be glad you did they roll much easier let me show you how i know this ,this is a chop saw stand i built and the old trusty MM 35" see pic"the first chance i get those small casters are coming off and i am going with the axle and air tire method ,just try rolling that across your yard not worth a s**t .the 2 wheel dolly method is what i should have started with . i know i got off the subject a little but i like to pass on what i have learned to help others because they have helped me !that's what you get for trying to save 10 min. and 10 bucks "STUPID" ! and what ever you do don't weld the swivels on i see guys do that and i say what if you ever bend or break one you got 2 problems. drilling 8 holes and buying 8 bolts and nuts is not going to put anyone in the poor house saving 5 min. to save 5 bucks sure doesn't work for me , lets see those pics. good luck Chris

Back