Concerns Regarding Lincoln Welder Quality

What brand is the best quality and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the shop I'm pretty much manufacturer neutral on welding machines - I've got both red and blue -

but I made the mistake of buying a Millermatic 250X brand new when they first came out (thinking I was upgrading from a CK Systematics 175 - boy was I wrong!) many years ago.

Turned out the Miller didn't start worth a darn - kinda crept its way up to the set point welding current for the first couple of seconds - made it challenging to say the least -

and when I tried to get Miller's attention the silence was deafening.

Talking to a few other 250X owners it seemed to be a design problem - and the 251 and 252 came out really shortly - but no recourse for us poor slobs who got the 250X's.

So, now I know who not to buy my next machine from. Zero customer support, zero new business.

Stu

I missed the 250X and 251 s**t show......glad I did! I did use a MM250 that was bullet proof though.

I've never used a Lincoln or Hobart MIG machine, but my Millermatic 250 is bulletproof and deadly! Never a problem out of it, even after miles of wire laid down. I'm not easy on it either, but do make sure all of the adjustments are good and clean it out once in a while with a blow gun.

Back