Coming soon, PM 1440GS???

oregontripper

Registered
Registered
Certain one of these will suit my needs. I have had an excellent first hand recommendation.

They say numerous changes on this next batch to be announced soon...

Any ideas? I am eager. LOL

Last edited:
I have one about 3 years old. It's crap. I wouldn't recommend one to anyone.

Get a Taiwan machine without a doubt. I should have bought the 1340. I will sell it soon, but will take a bath on it just to get rid of it.

It came with a broken threading gear which I had to replace immediately. I offered to pay to send it back and they wouldn't take it. Even now it still kicks out of gear when threading if I don't hold a hand on the dial. It's pathetic.

I have one about 3 years old. It's crap. I wouldn't recommend one to anyone.

Get a Taiwan machine without a doubt. I should have bought the 1340. I will sell it soon, but will take a bath on it just to get rid of it.

It came with a broken threading gear which I had to replace immediately. I offered to pay to send it back and they wouldn't take it. Even now it still kicks out of gear when threading if I don't hold a hand on the dial. It's pathetic.
That's a bummer and I am sorry you had this experience.

I would much appreciate if you would give it a little thought and list ANY other concerns with the lathe unrelated to the threading gear please? Anything at all. A feel, perception, cosmetic, mechanical, assembly, engineering, production, anything at all in the least.

Much appreciated and I wish you success moving forward.

I found this discussion online which pertains to your question:

I found this discussion online which pertains to your question:

Thanks, I found all the linked information interesting.

Thanks, I found all the linked information interesting.

FWIW I have a (Chinese) PM-1030V & a (Taiwanese) PM-1660TL & they are both fine, although the Taiwanese machine is more beautiful and has tighter tolerances.

FWIW I have a (Chinese) PM-1030V & a (Taiwanese) PM-1660TL & they are both fine, although the Taiwanese machine is more beautiful and has tighter tolerances.
Thanks. Those TLs are sweet!

The cost analysis I did, setup for a particular task, between the 1440GS and 1440GT left me thinking I could not pull off the GT. I'll go ahead and use the same criteria and see how the 1340GT (which I have read so much about) pencils out.

I won't be choosing tonight. LOL

20210108_081231.jpg

Started cleaning up the mill. Have everything identified except for the red handled lever.

Some sort of tensioner?

Any clues?

I thought I had the clone identified, but, alas I don't have a clue or manual.

Two positions, two speed motor and four pulleys.

Back