CNC Newbie - making a Denford mill work

It looks like the CNC4PC C11 board will work fine for the interface. The only other things you need are a power supply and stepper driver boards. It looks like the power supply is available in the Denford cabinet, but check for compatible voltages. I'm not sure how you would access the original stepper drive, so a separate board will probably be required to drive the motor(s)

I have purchased many items from CNC4pc with no problems. The power supply in my Denfords were 24v ac transformers and the voltage regulation was on the motherboard. I would opt for another power supply if yours is the same. I run 24v 10 amp. regulated power supply, they are pretty low cost on eBay.
steve

folks I do appreciate all the info. I think the process of adapting the breakout board and stopper drivers will help me learn this.
Let me digest all that and do some shopping.

I have purchased many items from CNC4pc with no problems. The power supply in my Denfords were 24v ac transformers and the voltage regulation was on the motherboard. I would opt for another power supply if yours is the same. I run 24v 10 amp. regulated power supply, they are pretty low cost on eBay.
steve

Steve, is that a straight 24V supply, or will I also need other lower voltage taps to run peripherals. The power supplies I am seeing on ebay are single voltage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24V-15A-360...451?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bd93bceb

I added a 12V LED cabinet light to mine which required 12V

I have ordered a 3-driver board from Xylotec. Looks like I will be tossing most of the stock electronics.

Back