CLT Auctions experience?

I’ve dealt with CLT auction company (Paul and Val) many times as a small garage shop / hobbiest. All great experiences! Can’t thanks them enough - Aaron

Ive had multiple times where I bid and immediately it will say someone bid you need to raise your bid. Sometimes twice in a row and no one bid after or before so idk. I think they upbid to get more.

That would be a case where someone set a "max bid", and the computers bids up for them when you outbid them. The item will be $5 and I'll set a max bid of $20. You come in and bid 6. The computer will be 7 for me. It'll keep going until you bid $21. Then it'll notify me that I've been outbid. If you set a max bid of $25 when you bid $6, then the bid will immediately jump to the $21.

Xerox has recently shut down a LARGE machine shop in Webster NY. BidSpotter did the two day auction. It is still >300 miles for me so I did not buy anything, but I will say the following. Most of the lots went for the min. bid. $5 and there was a lot of good stuff if you are willing to gamble. but to do it right you really needed to go there and see what was in all of the boxes/lots. There were several Hardinge HLV-H high precision lathes and the photos looked nice. They came with considerable tooling, but maybe not exactly what you wanted. On these there were maybe 3 to 6 bids and the final prices ranged from $1200 for the most expensive and $375 at the bottom end. I have to assume that most of this stuff went to the after market sellers not individuals. There were a number of nice looking knee mills sold, but I tuned in late and did not see their sold prices as they were not listed after the auction was over.

I did buy a roll around craftsman tool box at one of these auctions once. It was near by so I just went and picked it up. It had lots of good stuff in the drawers and on top of it.. It looked like machinist that had been using it had just walked away. With all of the extras it was a really good deal.

Dave L.

I’ve dealt with CLT auction company (Paul and Val) many times as a small garage shop / hobbiest. All great experiences! Can’t thanks them enough - Aaron
Same here when I lived in Charlotte. They seemed to have a warehouse in Indian trail where they held alot of their auctions.

Back