Clothing thread(T-shirts)

Kirkland from Costco, 6 for $25 The stores only have white but online you can also get them in Black. They are nice heavyweight tees, with ample room and length.

I've been happy with the t-shirts from Land's End. YMMV

I have t-shirts that I have worn into rag status, holes from grinding, etc. I hate wearing newer shirts but the Hanes are just not holding up.

For maximum durability I’d probably go with those Patagonia Workwear t-shirts with hemp in them. They can withstand pretty much anything and are backed by Patagonia's excellent Ironclad Guarantee. For comfort UNIQLO AIRism is an absolute bang for the buck.

Last edited:
Kirkland brand from Costco. My shirt rotation is as follows. The new T-shirts are undershirts for my job. When they show enough wear, they become my gym shirts. When they wear/stain, they become my home grubbies for weekend shop and chores. Before Kirkland, JC Penny's Stafford Polo was the best but significantly more expensive. All other t-shirts suck. Beefy Ts were the best 20+ years ago, but their quality tanked.

I'm pretty sure they all come out of east Asian factories with barefoot workers, no matter what name is on the label. 20 years ago, it was Thailand or Vietnam, now it's Bangladesh or China. That's why they keep changing, they go where the labor is cheapest, honor and tradition be damned. And that's okay, my size keeps changing too. My belly pokes out of my old shirts now. I prefer soft and stretchy over stiff and tough shirts too, because I jiggle like a piggle when I move around. T shirts just gotta be comfy. When I need to get down and dress like a man, I'm all about the Red Kap industrial work shirts. Those fit great and last a long time. I wore one to my sister's wedding, and I wear them to the office too. Hobby machinist to the core.

Duluth, the whole line is made for work. I also like the way through feel I can get dressed in the dark because I’m usually up around 5am and it’s still dark. The “label” is printed on, nothing to cut off and all my tees have pockets which for a while was impossible to find. They just never wear out. They also have different lengths for guys with plumbersbutt.
I have pretty much switched over to Duluth and MY wife has as well, Comfort, Fit and Quality. They are not cheap but I can wear my money out of them.

I have pretty much switched over to Duluth and MY wife has as well, Comfort, Fit and Quality. They are not cheap but I can wear my money out of them.
That's the ticket. I haven't (yet) gone to Duluth, but I did, some years ago, spring for a number of shirts from Target. They looked nice, and worked once, but the seams started unraveling as soon as they were laundered. That's when I switched to Carharrt. I owned a few already, but thought they were too expensive. Well, in dollars per hour worn they're the cheapest I've found. I wear 'em until the wife makes me throw them away*, but they wear hard, and last a long time.

I'd get more use out of them, but I "carry" daily and the rear sight on my carry pistol does me no favors, so I end up with a bunch of holes around the appendix area...

GsT

Royal Apparel. Made in US from US grown cotton. Lightweight and comfortable.

I practically live in Duluth shirts and pants these days, with a smattering of Carhart shirts mixed in. I've not had any issue with Duluth stuff holding up, my oldest are from 2016 and newest bought last year.

I don't have shop specific clothing, I've got a set of coveralls, an apron and a welding jacket so cover up if doing something that could damage my clothes.

Back