Cletus' PM-935TS-3PH Mill Log

@Cletus I see you are into 3D printing, along with some 3D helis. Very cool! We have very similar interests. I fly scale RC helis (and planes) along with utilizing my 3D printer for a TON of stuff around my shop. I was just looking at the Elegoo Jupiter printer. These SLA printers have become so affordable...

Indeed, 3D printing is so awesome, I use it for all sorts of stuff myself. I've been into model aircraft for as long as I can remember. Electric, petrol, nitro and turbine helis, and pretty much the same with the fixed wing aircraft except ducted fan jets in lieu of turbines. We have a pretty nice RC field about 400 acres, with a 360ft paved runway and covered pit AREA. Solar and wind power and a 6kw diesel gen for the fun-flys and eventsAbout 60 members in the club, but you know how it goes with clubs, only 10% of us do all the work.
I was at IRCHA at AMA HQ Indiana 2010 and 2011 with my Bergen Intrepid Turbine Heli, had a blast!

Last edited:
I’m and engineer, hence my complicated way of doing simple things :)
Here’s my revised Mist Coolant System, I really like how this is working out.

The diagram below speaks pretty much for itself. I am using a cheap Mist Generator from Amazon, common water filter as the coolant reservoir, combo air regulator and oiler and a 115VAC air solenoid valve with a remotely located switch.
Impossible to get “Cool Mist” or some such here in Trinidad and forget about trying to import it, so I have to resort to my own concoctions and the following is working well for me.
~30% Water Soluble cutting oil
~65% Distilled Water
~5% Isopropyl Alcohol

The mixture forms a light emulsion but over time it tends to separate with the heavier stuff settling at the bottom of the reservoir, hence the small aquarium air pump to keep things agitated/aerated and in suspension.
The rig is plugged into the switched outlets at the back of my mill.
The oil/water is a typical dilution albeit on the oil-rich side and the small quantity of alcohol creates a very low temperature when the mist leaves the nozzle.
The coconut oil in the oiler was left over from when I used coconut oil and pure alcohol in the reservoir for cutting non ferrous material. But fearing an explosion hazard, I have refined the system to this variant. I find this now works very well for both ferrous and non-ferrous cooling/lubrication when cutting.

View attachment 379083

View attachment 379087View attachment 379088
Hello Cletus. sr71xjet here from the Langmuir forum.....lol. Imagine that. Your mist cooling system. Did you make it or purchase it? I finally got my 1054 and it is pretty much set up. I am interested in setting up a cooling system as well. Ordered the powered draw bar which i should have done in the first place. LOL Thanks

I bought this one and used a water filter unit as the reservoir, an aquarium air pump as an agitator (to keep the emulsion in suspension) and an air regulator.

You have a cool setup. I get down there every once in awhile with my job. Ill have to look you up.

Back