Cleaning up the garage

Dave G in upstate New York

Registered
Registered
My garage is my shop. I have been putting off cleaning up the jetsam and flotsam out there for the last 15-18 months. I've got a project car, a cross between a track roadster and a 70s era northeast dirt modified. I put wrenches and screwdrivers away after using them, but the bits and bobs seem to collect on any horizontal surface available. And I have stuffed parts, big and small, allover the garage. Then last year I bought a new to me lathe. And about 2 months ago I bought a new English Wheel, both of which needed someplace to live. So I started rearranging and cleaning the garage out.

So yesterday I closed in on the light at the end of the tunnel. The big tools and one bench are in place. The only stuff left are piled up on one workbench waiting for me to sort out the good, the bad, and the ugly, and decide on the disposition of all of the stuff. Pictures later today after that bench is cleared off. I'm not sure what I'll do with the stuff that needs to be put somewhere yet, but there's a shed and a mostly empty basement. And yes that's on purpose. We had a new house built 7 years ago, a single story, to better fit our aging requirements, thank god, and I said to myself that nothing over 25 pounds was going to the basement. And I have mostly stuck to that. The only heavy items were moved in by professional movers. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

I can somehow relate to this . I started cleaning out in 1999 and still going at it . :grin: I have a very dim light at the end of my tunnel if any at all . In all seriousness , I'm making major progress and getting rid of things daily .

I can somehow relate to this . I started cleaning out in 1999 and still going at it . :grin: I have a very dim light at the end of my tunnel if any at all . In all seriousness , I'm making major progress and getting rid of things daily .
Your problem is that when you sell 10 sqft of stuff you buy 20 sqft to replace it!!!

But Dave has taken this sickness to a new level.
Me ? Now that is just not true as I've seen much worse . Of course , I just bought his place out ! :big grin: It just keeps me in the game and if needed it could all leave in a week or two . Been selling good on the bay and it's beginning to be outside tractor time . :dollars:

Glad my name isn't Dave, it seems guys with that name can't get their garages cleaned to work in them. They just shuffle stuff around all the time.
It's not the water, its the name.

Glad my name isn't Dave, it seems guys with that name can't get their garages cleaned to work in them.
Reason my garage looks like it does is because work never ends . Lotta people out in the world that can't fix a thing . They live in a throw away world . :grin:

Back