Cleaning steel

Maplehead

Registered
Registered
Hi All
On another one of my threads some of you have quickly mentioned ways you clean your steel parts with the main attention being on avoiding flash corrosion.
I would like this thread to expand on that so that the ideas are laid down more concrete.
Also, I am wondering if there is an inexpensive way, like some sort of perforated needle hooked up to a manual spray pump, that allows jet spray cleaning of small holes. For example, my guitar bridge has 48 threaded thru holes 1" deep. I'm guessing that those holes may easily trap cutting and tapping oils, metal dust and chips after a "thorough" hand cleaning.
As always, any and all help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• B8099816-A397-4C6C-87A0-9CD52B667881.jpeg
    B8099816-A397-4C6C-87A0-9CD52B667881.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 29
Hi All
On another one of my threads some of you have quickly mentioned ways you clean your steel parts with the main attention being on avoiding flash corrosion.
I would like this thread to expand on that so that the ideas are laid down more concrete.
Also, I am wondering if there is an inexpensive way, like some sort of perforated needle hooked up to a manual spray pump, that allows jet spray cleaning of small holes. For example, my guitar bridge has 48 threaded thru holes 1" deep. I'm guessing that those holes may easily trap cutting and tapping oils, metal dust and chips after a "thorough" hand cleaning.
As always, any and all help and advice is greatly appreciated.
that's beautiful...

what about taking a air needle for blowing up balls? they usually have 2 or 3 holes.
the old ones 2 holes, the new ones 3... 2 on each side and 1 out front. you can buy them by the box, or package.

you can cut the tip back so you get the sideways jets further toward the tip. use a dremel cut off wheel.

that's beautiful...

what about taking a air needle for blowing up balls? they usually have 2 or 3 holes.
the old ones 2 holes, the new ones 3... 2 on each side and 1 out front. you can buy them by the box, or package.

you can cut the tip back so you get the sideways jets further toward the tip. use a dremel cut off wheel.
Ha! I just discovered that while searching the Internet. Not a bad idea.
Does anybody know of a product called Holdtight 102? I wonder if I can clean with that in a water mix and then put my part into my flash copper bath without worry.

Back