Clausing 8530 Mill - $6500 (los gatos, CA)

I thought the one for $2650 was asking a lot. Apparently they are much more of a mill than I knew.

Well good luck with that.

It is a nice example and that roll around base is probably worth an extra $100 or so but if he gets half of the asking price at it will still be the most expensive 8520/30 I've seen sell. I've only seen one offered at more than $3000 and it included shipping in the price.

The other one that was asking $2650 (and sold in about 36 hours) included a DRO, power feed and more tooling than this one.

That table looks almost virginal!! My new Jet mill wasn’t that clean when I got it and I cut the shrink-wrap off

Put it in a museum and charge admission
Step right up folks! See the incredible virgin mill! Never touched by mortal hands! Never soiled by mortal chips!

I acquired mine 10 years ago for $500, a 8520 in very good condition. Can’t see how anyone would part with that much for a small knee mill when you can get a 9 X 49 for around the same price.

Not adding anything other than an attempt at humor. Must have been machining gold or platinum and is including the swarf with the mill. I feel sorry for anyone who takes it at that price, unaware of true market price and paid way too much. Could buy are really nice PM machine and a lathe for $6500. Expect that ad to be revised over time.

Bruce

Back