Clausing 8520 Hand crank

gajunkie

Registered
Registered
In search of a hand crank/ball crank for my clausing 8520. 7/16" keyed ID P/N 054-001

Mill came with a clausing power crossfeed unit, but I'm not really a fan of not having the crank available on that side, and of course the handle was nowhere to be found when I bought the machine.

dRnsh0fzS4u6JBdjydCpEw.jpg

Anyway, don't have high hopes that I'll find it here, but maybe...

Thanks!

Aaron

FWIW, you may just take some measurements and search Ebay and the like with them. It doesn't appear to be terribly specific to the machine. There may be an off the shelf sort of replacement that matches.

I made the same request a few weeks ago.. there's not any out that are an exact match.

many are close, some are not at all but function.

I'm going to make a ball turner and try and make one. back burner for now. it'll be fun though.

If you find a bunch of them that are exact, let me know, maybe we can go in together.

all the online ones are close or not balanced at all.

It'll likely be expensive, but you could try:

Clausing Service Center
email: info@clausingsc.com
Phone: (800) 323-0972

I bought some parts for my 8520 from them a couple of years ago and surprisingly they had stock for a 50 year old machine!

Good luck

Looks like a great little project!

I've got some parts and drawings from them for the parts they don't have. Many parts are very expensive. If you can make them, do it. You'll learn and have some fun.

I needed the bevel gears for raising the knee. They had both. I do not have the tooling to make gears.

Clausing is pretty good about parts they have and parts they don't have and don't intend to reorder. In the latter case, they'll send you the drawings if they have them. In the former case, you may be in for sticker shock but if they have it, it will be at today's prices, not 1970 or 1950 or 1930 prices. But you can't blame them for that. Just be glad that they had it!

It'll likely be expensive, but you could try:

Clausing Service Center
email: info@clausingsc.com
Phone: (800) 323-0972

I bought some parts for my 8520 from them a couple of years ago and surprisingly they had stock for a 50 year old machine!

Good luck

Thanks for this suggestion. I did try this, and as expected, no longer in stock. Oh , well. I'll keep looking, or maybe modify a different one to fit. Maybe use the Y-axis crank for the X-axis left side, and find a different one for the Y...little more symmetrical that way. Making one would be a good project, but there's so many others first lol.

Or I could just put the crossfeed servo back on...but its got some issues. It does work, but after tearing it apart, and cleaning it up it seems the motor or potentiometer might be bad...different post on that issue coming soon lol

since it's out of stock, they may supply the engineering drawing.. you'd be able to make one to the same dimensions without reverse engineering.

Back