Clausing 8520 for sale in Atlanta

Rootpass

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member

Sold $2350 minus the VFD

Thanks for the update on the selling price. I'll be listing one of my 8520s and was wondering about the going rate.

jack vines

I like to see what things sell for too. I’ll update the other one when it sells.

Thanks for the update on the selling price. I'll be listing one of my 8520s and was wondering about the going rate.

jack vines

I've seen several 8520 and 8530 over the past year in California. All listed at $2500 and sold or at least the ads were gone within a few days. Most had minimal tooling / accessories included. One had a DRO but no tooling not even a vise, the others mostly just a vise and a maybe few misc collets. All appeared to be in very good condition.

I believe the seller inverted the 4 digit model number to 8250 however its a sold price example in the Michigan area. Hes been trying to sell for close to a year IIRC with price first listed at $2500 if I remember correctly. The seller dropped the price to the listed $1495 a few months back and it finally just recently sold. Eventhough we can be pretty sure it was no lore the $1495.00 we dont know for sure what the final price was!

This is the 8520 Correct?

I believe the seller inverted the 4 digit model number to 8250 however its a sold price example in the Michigan area. Hes been trying to sell for close to a year IIRC with price first listed at $2500 if I remember correctly. The seller dropped the price to the listed $1495 a few months back and it finally just recently sold. Eventhough we can be pretty sure it was no lore the $1495.00 we dont know for sure what the final price was!

This is the 8520 Correct?

It is an 8520, but also consider location, it seems Michigan is the land of $20 Southbend lathes and $25 Bridgeports if some posts are to be believed. :grin:

That one has a decent selection of tooling, and an aftermarket power feed, but no vise. 3 phase with a VFD which is nice, but also scares some away.

It looks kind of rough, heavily worn, flaking paint, appears to be a lot of surface rust and some missing or replaced with non-standard fittings. In particular I don't see the fine quill feed hand wheel, not in place on the quill or laying among any of the photos of associated hardware. That is kind of an important feature, and probably not a cheap replacement.

The ones I saw asking / assumed or confirmed selling for $2500 all looked to be in much better shape than that one.

Last edited:
I dont know whos been telling them lies about Michigan giving lathes and mills away for those prices at least not in my experience! In fact I see more often then not the seller seem to think they have king tuts treasure and want to get rich off the sale but every now and again a good deal does show itself but you gotta be real quick closing the deal.

I dont know whos been telling them lies about Michigan giving lathes and mills away for those prices at least not in my experience! In fact I see more often then not the seller seem to think they have king tuts treasure and want to get rich off the sale but every now and again a good deal does show itself but you gotta be real quick closing the deal.

I wonder sometimes when posters mention what they paid if they are leaving out the fact that it was 1987. :) Then again there are some people who are really good at finding amazing deals.

I’ll attach pictures now that the add is gone

AE497FCB-15E1-4677-BC26-28E13617309C.jpeg
57D71F8C-A991-41EF-AF44-63668E61ECC7.jpegAE497FCB-15E1-4677-BC26-28E13617309C.jpeg57D71F8C-A991-41EF-AF44-63668E61ECC7.jpegAE497FCB-15E1-4677-BC26-28E13617309C.jpeg57D71F8C-A991-41EF-AF44-63668E61ECC7.jpeg

Back