Clamping Kits

Check on ebay. I just bought a set for less than $50, with free shipping.

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

Check Amazon. HHIP makes these kits and with Prime, shipping is free. Cost depends on your slot size, or course.

I have a Te-Co set and it is really nicely made.

MSC has a promotion going for 40 percent off and free freight on orders over $49 through tomorrow, Wed. the 20th. The code is SAVE40. Check and see if that makes the deal worthwhile. I have given up on MSC...
Bob...
You're right... tomorrow is Wednesday, but today is the 20th... Stay out and party to much last night??? Bill W.

Thanks, Bill. Senior moment, and having more of them... Anyway, the deal is through Wednesday the 21st, like Bill W. said. See if you can find something at MSC that does not have the 40% discount and the free shipping already factored in to the pricing, I have given up trying...

Lets see shaper, check mill, check. You can make what you need and get some all thread.

EBay isn't an option , about 6 months ago they decided to kick me off after declaring the chamber adapters I was making was ammunition, .. never mind the other guys selling the same thing .

I do have Amazon , but not prime .. without the free shipping Amazon prime offers it's a wash with every where else .

Bob ... your frustrations with Msc are felt by others . I sure miss enco being a separate entity ..

Kd4hij
Before I didn't think it was worth the effort to make hold downs out of mild steel plate . Partly because I don't have much to use on hand . And partly because it's still going to be soft mild steel plate when I was done .
Now ... it's looking like the only option till I save some cash .

I'll probably just skip the hold downs now and just save for a vice . With the exorbant shipping a cheaper 4 inch vice from grizzly isn't a whole lot more cash

Last edited:
I should be embarrassed to admit this , I did look at that kit from all industrial .
With sales tax ... it's just a couple bucks past what I have left to spend on my debit card .

No big deal , I'll make do for a month or So and save a few bucks .

Back