CL Lathe Find

I wonder if it's a Star? or a very old SB? Why did he shoot it at night? Too ugly for daytime?
MS
Too ugly??? In the one photo of the bed ways he is showing it's fine (old world? or rare? ) patina. Ya know that costs extra, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and remember that you add at least one 0 if not 2 0's to the price for the rare accessories. In actuality he probably took the photos at night so that we couldn't see his other fabulous machine tools that he just can't part with yet and didn't want to field hundreds of phone calls on.

It's akin to seeing an old hit and miss engine rusting away as "yard art". Makes me want to ralph.

Some rescue dogs and cats. I rescue old iron. (When possible.)

The legs look like they are in good shape. How much for the legs? He should part it out and make a killing.

My apologies to you Matt. My post was my opinion. It's your money not ours and we can't put a price on what makes you happy, only you can. I have to be the only guy here that paid a grand for a Machinerys' Handbook. It was a pristine Edition #!.

"Billy G"

My apologies to you Matt. My post was my opinion. It's your money not ours and we can't put a price on what makes you happy, only you can. I have to be the only guy here that paid a grand for a Machinerys' Handbook. It was a pristine Edition #!.

"Billy G"
No apologies necessary, I certainly did not take the least bit of offense.

I am not in any way even thinking about considering perhaps, maybe paying $1,000.00 for that refugee from the scrap yard. I'm just having fun thinking anyone would ask that much for that pile of rust.

It's buyer beware Matt. At times you find a good deal on ebay until you see shipping is $40.00 for something that is only $10.00. It happens all too often.

"Billy G"

Those photos look like they were taken at the bottom of Boston Harbor. Who's the seller, Bob Ballard?

Not the Titanic, the handwheels are all calibrated in Cubits so it was an older boat, probably built to carry livestock in pairs - if it's the original Tubal Cain's lathe, he's seriously underpriced it.

Dave H. (the other one)

It was very hard for me to not go over the mountain and give that idiot a club upside the head
then I realized that popping a balloon wasn't worth the gas money .......

Back